Brackenfield School recognises the importance of children wearing a school uniform. We believe that our school uniform plays a valuable role in encouraging group identity and instils pride and belonging. We also believe it helps prepare our children for future life where many job roles require a uniform to be worn.
The school uniform consists of:
- Grey or black trousers or skirts
- A white or light blue polo shirt
- A plain white sleeved shirt
- In the summer grey or black shorts may be worn but they must be tailored shorts as opposed to sports shorts. There is also the option of a gingham blue dress.
- Black school shoes
- Dark blue sweatshirt (this must not have a hood). If your child already has a royal blue sweatshirt this does not need to be changed. When your child has grown out of the royal blue sweatshirt please then replace with a navy blue sweatshirt.
- Trainers or Pumps
- A white or blue t-shirt or polo shirt
- Blue shorts / jogging bottoms / tracksuit bottoms
- A dark blue sweatshirt or a zipped hooded sweatshirt. Please note that if your child does want to wear a zipped hooded sweatshirt we only allow the Brackenfield hooded sweatshirts which are available from Simply First. A hooded top must only be worn for PE.
Jewellery and Nails:
- Single stud earrings – 1 per ear. Earrings must be removed for PE.
- Nails should be a short length (not extending over the tip of the finger) and only neutral colours of nail varnish are allowd